Photo frame fridge magnets make good promotional tools as well as gifts but can be expensive if purchased at retail stores. If you plan to resell the magnetic photo frames it’s cheaper to make it yourself.
You will need:
Computer with graphics software installed. DTP software will also work.
Sheet of self-adhesive paper label I’m using a one up A4 sheet
Magnetic sheeting cut to the size of your self-adhesive paper label (mine is 0.5mm thick and cut to A4 – see above)
Lamination machine and glossy pouch
Paper cutter or craft knife
50mm hollow punch and hammer to strike punch
Steps to follow:
1. Design your artwork in your favourite graphics software. For my background I’m using a brick texture from Amazing Textures, for the text I’m using a graffiti typeface called “A Dripping Marker” from dafont.com. I am also putting a “X” in the middle of the circle to guide me when I punch it. The white dotted outline is the cutting line and will not be printed:
The size of my design will be 9x9cm allowing me to get six photo frame fridge magnets from my A4 sheet:
2. Lay out your artwork and print it onto the sheet of adhesive label:
4. Cut off the sealed lamination pouch edges and peel off the backing of the laminated paper and stick it onto your magnetic sheet.
5. Cut to size:
Photo frame squares:
6. Centre “X” in middle of hollow punch
7. Strike hollow punch with hammer to create circle:
You have created magnetic photo frames:
Don’t throw the inner circles away it can be used in future craft projects:
8. Cut photos to fit into photo frames:
9. Put magnet over photo on fridge
10. Photo frame fridge magnets: